August 24, 2017
A dental plan is a type of health benefit that helps make care more affordable. You pay a monthly or annual fee called a premium, and, in exchange, the dental plan helps you pay for dental services and procedures.
Even if you’re generally healthy and have had few or no cavities, it pays to have a dental plan.
• Experience better overall health. People who see the dentist regularly are more likely to report good oral health and improved overall well-being.
• Detect diseases sooner. More than 120 diseases, including heart disease and diabetes, have symptoms that appear in the mouth. Your dentist may see these signs during an oral exam, allowing you to seek treatment early.
• Treat small oral health issues before they become more serious. Regular dental visits mean your dentist can address concerns early and treat them before they become serious. That’s why most plans cover 100 percent of the cost of preventive services like exams and cleanings.
• Enjoy cost-savings. In addition to sharing the cost with your dental carrier, you can save even more by visiting in-network dentists since Delta Dental has pre-established fees with these dentists.
• Make dental work more affordable. Dental plans help make dental care more budget-friendly, but the savings are especially helpful when unexpected issues arise – they can help reduce expenses you may not have been prepared for.
Ready to purchase a dental plan? Visit https://individual.deltadentalmo.com/ to purchase a plan or find additional information.